Morgan (Mo) Heim
MA - Environmental Journalism, BS - Zoology
Morgan (Mo) Heim is a wildlife photojournalist, filmmaker and adventurer focusing on wildlife-human coexistence. Her goal is to find the beauty, humor and perseverance in the struggle to make the world a better place. She began her career studying fisheries, listening to whales and working on dam removal projects. Now she uses her background in ecology and journalism to tackle subjects such as roadkill, living with cormorants, deer migration and the environmental impacts of drug cartels on forestlands.
She is the founder of Neon Raven Story Labs, a storytelling and strategy platform for conservation, and in 2020 co-launched Her Wild Vision Initiative aimed at raising the voices of diverse women in the craft of conservation visual storytelling.
Morgan is a Senior Fellow with the International League of Conservation Photographers and National Geographic grantee. Her work has appeared in National Geographic, Audubon, Smithsonian Newsweek, Telluride and Banff Mountain Film Festivals as well as as a finalist in the Jackson Wild Media Awards. She has been recognized in Wildlife Photographer of the Year and the Big Picture Natural World Photo Competitions.
Mo lives in the small coastal town of Astoria, Oregon, where the waves are big, the mountains close, and the weather not nearly as bad as everyone thinks it is.
REPRESENTED BY: Tandem Stills + Motion
- National Geographic Second Assistantship Grantee, 2019
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year, Highly Commended Photojournalism Single Image, 2018
- Big Picture Natural World Photography Competition, Highly Commended, Conservation Photography, 2018
- Philip Hyde Grant, Environmental Impacts of Trespass Marijuana, 2018
- Faculty, Rich Clarkson Summit Workshop, Nature and Wildlife, 2017
- Best Editing, International Wildlife Film Festival, The End of Snow, 2017
- 2nd Place, Film4Climate Competition, The Snow Guardian, 2016
- Invited Speaker, Annenberg Space for Photography, 2016
- National Geographic Expeditions Council Co-Grantee, urban coyotes, 2016
- 1st Place, Conservation Photography, Big Picture Natural World Photography Competition
- 2014 - TEDx Vail Women 2013 - Speaker "Fishing Cats & the Foolish Girl's Guide to Success"
- Fund for Environmental Journalism, Society of Environmental Journalists, 2014
- Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year - Semifinalist Photojournalism, 2014
- Missouri Photo Workshop 64 - Student, 2012
- Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year - Semifinalist 2013, 2012
- Scholarship Recipient, Rich Clarkson Summit Workshop, 2008
- College Scholarship Recipient, NANPA, 2008
Represented by Tandem Stills + Motion